As we celebrate this Memorial Day Weekend to spend with family and friends, Greater Good Realty would like to remember all those who served in the Armed Forces who have made the celebration of this day possible. We are grateful for all who have served and continue to serve our country and wish everyone a safe and wonderful memorial day weekend.
In commemoration of Memorial Day, San Diego offers a wide range of events this holiday weekend. On Saturday, there will be a free remembrance ceremony paying tribute to World War II veterans at 9AM at the USS Midway Museum on Harbor Drive. All who attend will be able to tour the ship at no cost. On Sunday, there will be Memorial service at Miramar National Cemetery on Nobel Drive. On Monday, there will be numerous Memorial ceremonies in Bonita, Coronado, Chula Vista, Del Mar, Encinitas, Escondido, Julian, Lakeside, National City, Oceanside, Ramona, Rancho Bernardo, San Dego, San Marcos, Solana Beach and Vista. For more details on the memorial ceremonies in your area, please click on the link to be guided to UT San Diego’s Memorial Day Ceremonies.
Looking to see some of the popular sights in San Diego this weekend? Take a look at Greater Good’s Top 8 San Diego Hot Spots.
1. Visit the San Diego Zoo! This world-famous zoo is home to more than 800 species from all over the world.
2. Take a stroll through Balboa Park, the nation’s largest urban park. Balboa Park is a beautiful place you’ll never tire of exploring. With over 17 museums, there are so many spaces to see, along with seasonal performances and local art.
3. Step aboard the Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum. The USS Midway was an operational US vessel for nearly 50 years and is a vital part of San Diego maritime history.
4. Build in Legoland California, the unique theme park dedicated to the creative potential of LEGO’s. “You can easily spend the day here with your family,” says David and Monica Stone, the Owners at Greater Good, who frequent here with their 6 year old son.
5. Hike through Torrey Pines State Reserve with over 8 miles of trails, a visitor center, and guided nature walks on weekends and holidays. “This is one of my favorite and most stunning overlooks in San Diego,” says Michelle, Greater Good’s Marketeer.
6. Splash with Shamu at SeaWorld. Not only does SeaWorld have theme-park rides but you can visit and learn about dolphins, penguins, polar bears and so much more. “My family and friends visited from Michigan and loved our day at SeaWorld,” shared our Greater Good Agent, Rima.
7. Plan some water sport activities! Snorkel the waters of La Jolla, rent kayaks or paddle boards at Mission Bay, or enjoy the sun and surf on the beautiful Coronado island. “I enjoy being on the water as much as I can. For calmer waters for the new paddle boarder, try a rental at Mission Bay,” said Andrew, Greater Good Agent.
8. Visit us here in Downtown San Diego, with all the great restaurants, bars and hotspots. Enjoy a nice walk on the water and see all that Downtown has to offer in the fun areas of Little Italy, Columbia, Marina District, Gaslamp, Cortez Hill and East Village, with weekend specials, farmer’s markets and your favorite Real Estate office, open 7 days a week in the heart of it all.
If you have more questions about San Diego Real Estate, the current market or things to experience in San Diego, feel free to contact us today at 619- GREATER or Info@GreaterGoodRealty.com.